Monday, February 8, 2010

2nd Chapter Meeting 2010

THE TOASTMASTER MEETING
JANUARY 28, 2010
THE THAIPUSAM FESTIVAL



THE ICE BREAKERS
The three new members Tm Murugappan, Tm Chan Chin Phai and Tm Kek Kim Lan spoke from their hearts and won the hearts of the audiance.  Well done!  And welcome to the club.


THE MEETING

The night of "the thaipusam festival" challenged my ability on how much I know and understand about the hindu festival. For 18 years staying in Malaysia I believe that Thaipusam is just ( where we see hindu devotees piercing the part of their body ) a part of their rituals. As the toastmaster of the evening I am obliged to find out more about the festival. Since I joined toastmasters I have fostered the habit of finding a solution only then

I learn and grow with the help of the new technology and lots of information around. Now, I can say that I know more about the thaipusam festival.

THE FOOD

During the tea break I noticed that we have enough food for everyone until the VPE announced that he had none. I guess, the members and guests were contented that we have nice food and happy with the mee siam which was not too spicy and the kuih kurang manis.

Photo by E T Lee,DTM
Text by:
TM CARMELITA

1 comment:

  1. DTM ET Lee,
    Thank you so much for posting the pictures and Carmelita's write-up.

    Dear TM Carmelita,
    Thank you for your write-up on our last chapter meeting. You took so much trouble to research information on Thaipusam Festival. You explained the significance in detail. Some of the info was even new to me. This is what we call 1Malaysia. A Filipino reciting on the meaning for Thaipusam to audience of Chinese, Malays and Indians.

    It was a memorable meeting for me as we had our 1st meeting in a new venue JICCI. A hotel standard venue at affordable rate. I'm glad all the members liked the new venue.

    Thank you to TM Chan, TM Muru and TM Kek for your excellent Ice breaker speeches. Indeed the club is honored to have you as members. Welcome to the club.

    Congrats to TM Wei Yin for your humorous P2 Organise your Speech. We truly enjoyed it. Keep up your enthusiasm.

    Thank you to all appointment holders for making the evening meaningful.

    My heartfelt thanks to all EXCO members for your support to continue the meetings in this new place. I enjoyed the camaraderie as we had room full of audience comprising our club members and IRDA sponsored members.

    Looking forward more of such fruitful meetings. See you all on coming Thursday.

    "We can do it"

    Regards
    J.Kannan
    President 2009-2010

    ReplyDelete